Our real, unedited feedback from satisfied students:
In the past two weeks at DeVore Technologies in Beachwood, our team has received some great responses to our computer training classes:
Access 2010– Intermediate taught by Instructor Ron DeGrand
- “We were able to complete the tasks as the instructor went along.”
- “I feel like I actually learned a lot.”
- “The instructor was engaging and extremely helpful.”
Visio 2010- Introduction – led by Instructor Michele Bobola
- The instructor was well informed & demonstrated a good command of the subject matter. – 4.5/5.0
- The instructor presented the material in a clear, easy to understand fashion. – 5.0/5.0
- The instructor answered students’ questions clearly. – 4.5/5.0
- The instructor was enthusiastic. – 5.0/5.0
- The training was top quality. – 4.50/5.0
- There was a sufficient amount of hands-on practice. – 4.50/5.0
Excel 2010– Advanced class with Instructor Ron DeGrand
- “Very interactive – I liked the one on one.“
- “New material, interesting information, conveyed in an easy to understand way.”
- “Loved the food and notepads provided. Very customer friendly.”
Excel Pivot Tables – taught by David Caban
- [What did you like most?] David’s flexibility to anaswer questions that were most relevant
- Due to small class size, [he] was able to answer user specific questions
- Training area & equipment were comfortable and easy to use
Using Adobe InDesign More Easily:
Did you know that you can print all the master pages in a document? Having a set of clean masters printed out can be very useful when you’re building a style guide or other documentation. You can also print out masters and sketch on them when you’re brainstorming design ideas.
Some people never notice the check box for printing masters in the Print dialog box because it’s hidden in plain sight, right below the buttons for printing pages or spreads. The only downside is that you can only print all the masters in a document. There ‘s no option to select individual masters.
Thank you Mike Rankin for your great Adobe tips!
Grow Your Adobe Knowledge:
View DeVore’s entire Adobe class listing! We offer the following live, instructor-led Adobe courses:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Connect
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premier
- Adobe RoboHelp
Register online or by phone (440) 232-3846
We are proud to announce that Team DeVore has been selected for the redesign and redevelopment of the Ohio Turnpike Commission’s website and content management system! For the official announcement, visit here.
Don’t miss Lori DeVore guest speaking TODAY on The Regina Brett Show, joining OfficeMax founder Michael Feuer and columnist Marcia Pledge to address the topic of “My Biggest Mistake in Business.” Lori will share her views on topics ranging from on finance and technology to clients and employees.
How to listen to Lori DeVore’s guest appearance:
- Today, May 1st at 3PM Eastern time stream online LIVE as the program airs at WKSU Radio.
- Saturday, May 4th at 3PM on 89.7 WKSU radio and on all of our repeater stations throughout Northeast Ohio.
- Sunday, May 5th at 6AM on 89.7 WKSU radio.
Host: Regina Brett
Each week on her radio show, award-winning columnist and best-selling author Regina Brett delves into issues of the heart and soul to give listeners the tools to create a greater life for themselves and others. The Regina Brett Show tackles themes of life’s transitions and those personal issues that are most universal to all. Regina is a columnist at The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, and author of the books “God Never Blinks: 50 Lessons for Life’s Little Detours” and “Be the Miracle: 50 Lessons for Making the Impossible Possible.
Guest Speaker: Marcia Pledger
Marcia is a business writer and columnist at The Plain Dealer in Cleveland. She is approaching the ten year anniversary of her column My Biggest Mistake. In the column business professionals reveal their biggest mistakes and how they fixed them. The column was the basis for her 2008 book of the same name.
Guest Speaker: Michael Feuer
Michael is the Co-Founder of OfficeMax and Founder and CEO of Max-Wellness. He started OfficeMax in 1988 with 20 thousand dollars of his own money and one store in Mayfield Heights. Under his leadership, OfficeMax grew to have almost one thousand stores worldwide. He sold the company in 2003 and founded Max-Wellness in 2010. Michael is also the author of the book, The Benevolent Dictator and writes a syndicated column for Smart Business.
Create Better Messages:
- Don’t use images in your signature- Sometimes people search and filter messages according to those without attachments. By including an image (which becomes an attachment) in your signature, you could be messing up their search results.
- Use links instead of attachments- Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft SkyDrive let you share files with others with near simultaneous editing capabilities. Attachments, on the other hand, are static–if you find yourself going back and forth editing the same document, it can get confusing.
- Grow your social network inside email- Rapportive is a free tool for Gmail that adds a sidebar to each message you receive showing the sender’s image, job, location, and what social networks he or she uses. Directly within the window, you can send a LinkedIn connection invitation, add someone to a Google+ circle, follow him or her on Twitter, or friend him or her on Facebook.
- Leave recipient blank until content is finished- There’s nothing more embarrassing than accidentally sending a message before you intend to. Preempt this error by leaving the “To” field empty until your message is perfect. Gmail users can also use Google’s Undo Send feature. To turn it on, go to Settings-> Labs to find this feature and other helpful ones.
Sunday, April 21st, was Sunday Funday in Bedford, OH. As a 12 year Bedford Rotarian, Lori DeVore wanted to show her continued support for the pancake breakfast. Team DeVore has been providing volunteers for 12 years, and this year Stacy Krist went to help serve the community and raise money. Check out the pictures of Rotary members and volunteers below:
Wayne Urban, longtime Rotarian & former Rotary president, makes french toast
Another familiar Rotary face Mike Guyer flipping pancakes
Stacy Krist flipping pancakes ready to serve them
Stacy Krist with Frank Gambosi, CPA, Finance Director at the City of Bedford
View our whole album on Facebook