Tips of the Day:
- Turn off the automatic formatting in MS Word, like the clickable links, boldface words, & other formatting it creates as you type.
–> In Word 2010 (Windows), open the File menu; click Options, Proofing, AutoCorrect Options, then AutoFormat Options.
–> On the Mac (Word 2011), open the Tools menu; click AutoCorrect, then AutoFormat As You Type.
- Tap the Space bar to scroll down by one screenful. Add the Shift key to scroll back up again.
- If you need to paste a long Web address where it would be confusing to read (or impossible to fit, as on Twitter), use a site like Tinyurl.com because these free sites convert long addresses into very compact ones.
Read about other life hacks: Ins and Outs of Using Gadgetry
It’s Time to Manage Your Online Personal Brand-
A few interesting points:
- When was the last time you searched for your name on Google, Facebook, or Twitter? What appears?
- There are no more blind dates anymore because you can learn a lot about your date in advance just by searching online.
- Being private online isn’t a bad thing; it can really save you from a reputation mishap.
Read the full story here.